Dansguardian - Error connecting via ipc to log [SOLVED]

Earlier this year, I was receiving logs stating that dansguardian could not connect to IPC socket. I just recently upgraded dansguardian (2.10-r1) and finally found the problem. I originally posted this issue in February on the Gentoo forums and didn't receive any response. Today, I found the problem and the fix.

Below is an example of the logs:

Nov 11 09:08:10 comp dansguardian[22266]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:21 comp dansguardian[22262]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:22 comp dansguardian[22262]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:22 comp dansguardian[22267]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:22 comp dansguardian[22266]: Error connecting via ipc to url cache: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:22 comp dansguardian[22266]: Error connecting via ipc to url cache: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:08:22 comp dansguardian[22266]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:19:40 comp dansguardian[22262]: Error connecting via ipc to url cache: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:19:40 comp dansguardian[22262]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:19:40 comp dansguardian[22263]: Error connecting via ipc to url cache: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:19:41 comp dansguardian[22263]: Error connecting via ipc to url cache: No such file or directory
Nov 11 09:19:41 comp dansguardian[22263]: Error connecting via IPC socket to log: No such file or directory

What I should have done originally was searched the dansguardian directory and sub-directories for instances of IPC. I found that IPC was referenced in dansguardian.conf, and found that the sockets were being created in /tmp.

srwxr-xr-x  1 nobody nobody   0 Nov 11 10:12 .dguardianipc
srwxr-xr-x  1 nobody nobody   0 Nov 11 10:12 .dguardianurlipc

That's when the light bulb appeared above my head. I use tmpreaper to clean out my /tmp folder. It will delete anything older than a day old. This is what was nuking my sockets.

I added the following argument to my tmpreaper command:

tmpreaper --all 1d --mtime --force --protect '.dguardian*' /tmp

Everthing is much better now.