Hmmm, greated this morning with a pam upgrade. The einfo message looked somewhat hairy:
>> Merging sys-libs/pam-0.99.8.1-r1 to /
* Your current setup is using the pam_stack module.
* This module is deprecated and no more supported, and since version
* 0.99 is no more installed, nor provided by any other package.
* The package will be built (to allow binary package builds), but will
* not be installed.
* Please replace pam_stack usage with proper include directive usage,
* following the PAM Upgrade guide at the following URL
* ERROR: sys-libs/pam-0.99.8.1-r1 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1670: Called dyn_preinst
* ebuild.sh, line 1107: Called pkg_preinst
* pam-0.99.8.1-r1.ebuild, line 162: Called die
* deprecated PAM modules still used
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/pam-0.99.8.1-r1/temp/build.log'.
!!! FAILED preinst: 1
I checked out the upgrade guide at Gentoo, and it looks pretty straight forward, I'm mostly concerned with mail services breaking with this. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out. I'm hoping that it'll be a smooth upgrade. I could really use a break from scary upgrades for a bit.. apache2, then PHP now pam?